Great futures start at The Boys and Girls Club of Cochrane and Area for both children, youth and staff. We are proud to be both 2017 & 2018 Cochrane Employer of the Year, if you are interested in joining our fun team please submit your resume for any of the positions you see listed below. Make sure you tell us what working with children and youth means to you!
Boys & Girls Club of Cochrane & Area
Up to 40 hours/week (shifts between 6.30am-6.30pm)
The Boys & Girls Club of Cochrane & Area has been supporting children, youth and families in Cochrane and the surrounding area for more than 25 years through our Out of School Care program, KinderCare program, Day & Summer Camps, Youth programs, Play Days Family Day Home Agency and community events.
Our mission is to provide a safe and supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
We are currently looking for dedicated, dynamic and creative team players for immediate part-time openings on our Child Development Mentor team. Ideal candidates will have their Alberta Child Development Assistant, Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor certification as per the Child Care Licensing Regulations.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience in children’s programming development & delivery
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong relationship building and communication skills
• Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor certification
• Standard First Aid certification
• Uphold licensing and accreditation standards at all times and during all activities
• Program planning and delivery of developmentally appropriate activities
• Snack preparation and serving in line with certification requirements
• Child supervision, safety monitoring and interaction with children at all times
• Parent communication: welcoming, reminders, child feedback, etc.
• Program related cleaning duties
• Ability to have fun and play!
The successful candidate must complete and provide a clean Criminal Record check and Intervention Record check. Please submit cover letter and resume to Ana at email@example.com. We appreciate all applicants but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They put thought into their programming to engage the kids and have activities that include everyone. I feel very comfortable leaving my child with Boys and Girls Club!!"
Out-of-School Care Program
2018 Employer of the Year