BGC Cochrane & Area has been supporting children, youth and families in Cochrane and the surrounding area for nearly 30 years through our Out of School Care program, KinderCare program, Day & Summer Camps, Youth programs, BGC Day Homes and community events. Our mission is to provide a safe and supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
BGC Cochrane & Area is seeking passionate, dedicated, energetic and creative team members for in our Out of School Care Program. The ideal candidate will be driven by professionalism and the delivery of outstanding developmental and relationship-building activities to children. Alberta Early Childhood Educator Certification is preferred, with Level 2 or 3 being an asset.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Committed team player and accountable for the team’s dynamic
• Strong relationship-building capabilities and outstanding communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in an ever-changing environment
• Alberta Child Development certification
• Standard First Aid certification
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
• Experience in child program development & delivery of developmentally-appropriate activities, preferably in a licensed setting
• Child supervision, safety monitoring and interaction with children at all times
• Able to uphold licensing and accreditation standards at all times and during all activities
• Snack preparation and serving in line with certification and H&S requirements
• Constructive and collaborate communication with parents and colleagues
• Program-related cleaning duties
• Ability to have fun and play!
The successful candidate must complete and provide a clean Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector check and Intervention Record check. Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply for this opportunity. We appreciate all applicants but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BGCCA values diversity and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a professional and engaging team atmosphere and a competitive benefits package.
"I would like to start off with how wonderful BGC summer camp has been, my spouse and myself have been blown away by the programming and the friendly staff. So grateful to be apart of this family! Our daughter talks non-stop about how much fun she’s having! Please pass on our high fives."
- BGC Cochrane Parent
2018 Employer of the Year